Notice of Privacy Policies for Parkway Family Dental
This notice describes how information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
At Parkway Family Dental, we are committed to treating and using protected health information responsibly. This Notice of Health Information Practices describes the personal information we collect and how we use or disclose that information.
Each time you visit Parkway Family Dental, a record of your visit is made. This information serves as:
- The basis for planning your treatment
- Means of communication among the health professionals who contribute to your care
- Legal documentation describing the care you received
- Means by which you or a third-party payer can verify that services billed were provided
- A tool with which we can assess and continually work to improve the care we render
Understanding what is in your record and how your health information is used helps us to ensure its accuracy.
For more information or to report a problem:
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the practice or with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The address for the OCR is listed below:
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue S.W., Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
Your Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical property of Parkway Family Dental, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices upon request
- Inspect and copy your health record
- Obtain an accounting disclosure of your health information
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of our information
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose your health information
Parkway Family Dental is required to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information
- Provide you with this notice about our practices
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a restriction request
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means
We will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described.